Code of Conduct for Individual Members of Leogens
Thank you for being a part of the Leogens community! Please read our code of conduct carefully.
Engagement, Community Rules, & Etiquette
Our mission is to create an open, globally-connected, secure, and educational blog for everyone.
For our global community to be able to exchange, collaborate and engage we have set up discussion lists and online communities. These online fora are a place to share information and ideas relevant to this mission. While we encourage a lively exchange of ideas and opinions, we do ask that you read and respect the code of conduct below.
Please contact the Global Membership Team (email@example.com) with questions. Civil dialogue is our priority. We reserve the right to suspend membership to anyone who violates this code of conduct.
Engagement & Community Rules
- Treat all users and colleagues fairly and equally. Stimulate conversation, be respectful of others’ views, and refrain from personal attacks.
- Respect legitimate intellectual property rights, do not plagiarize work and give credit to the originators of ideas.
- Don’t share the posts of others without permission.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal material is strictly prohibited.
- Discriminatory, hostile, or intimidating messages or language will not be tolerated, whether based on a person’s race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social or economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, or mental or physical ability.
- Leogens strives to create and maintain a community in which people of many different backgrounds and cultures are treated with respect.
- Be mindful and respectful of linguistic background – while the language for online fora discussions is mostly English (unless otherwise specified), remember not everybody is a native English speaker/writer.
- Keep subject lines concise and clear so that members can respond appropriately and easily search the archives.
- Include only relevant portions of the original message in replies.
- Only send a message to the entire list if everyone can benefit from it. Do not send “thank you” and “me too” replies to the full list.
- Avoid administrative messages, such as removing me from the list (use the web interface to change your settings).
- If relevant, add “Long Message” to the subject line or at the beginning of the message body.
- Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- Don’t publicly post commercial messages.
- Use caution when discussing products. The information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all members to see. Comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
Please carefully read the items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without permission. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that they own the copyright concerning such material or have received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Leogens and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Leogens provides communication tools as a service for its members. Leogens is not responsible for opinions and information posted on this site or list. Legoens does monitor but does not moderate postings on this site or list, but if any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the Leogens team, Leogens reserves the right to take appropriate action, including, without limitation, terminating access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Limitations of Liability
To the extent allowed under law, Leogens (a) disclaim all implied warranties and representations (e.g. warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, the accuracy of data, and non-infringement); (b) does not guarantee that the communications tools will function without interruption or errors, and (c) provide the communication tools (including content and information) on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the extent permitted under law (and unless Leogens has entered into a separate written agreement that overrides this contract), Leogens shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits, or revenues, related to the communications tools (e.g., offensive or defamatory statements, downtime or loss, use of, or changes to, your information or content). In no event shall the liability of Leogens exceed, in the aggregate for all claims, us $5. This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between you and Leogens and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract, law) and even if Leogens has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.